The MPK49 is designed to enable creativity onstage or in a home-studio setting and defines a new era for USB/MIDI controllers. The MPK49 combines a 49-key, semiweighted, aftertouch-equipped keyboard with 12 MPC-style drum pads; 48 total pads are accessible via 4 pad banks. The pads feature the MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters. The MPK49 performance controller also features its own built-in arpeggiator for making quick creative riffs.
Unique to its class, the MPK49 delivers controls that include:
• Eight full-size, 360-degree rotation pots, each with three banks, for 24 pots total
• Eight full-size sliders, with three controller banks for each, for 24 sliders total
• Eight assignable backlit switches, with three controller banks each, for 24 switches total
• MMC/MIDI Start Stop transport buttons
• Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
In addition, the MPK49 includes a Tap Tempo function, 32 presets in which to store preferred settings and Master or Slave-to-MIDI clock operation. The MPK49 was engineered to give musicians the tools they need to meet any live or studio task.
The pads on the MPK49 feature the MPC-style Full Level and 12 Level velocity function. MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions for additional creative control. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds. The MPK49 carries a total of 72 assignable controls with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
For more information, visit www.akaipro.com.